Images courtesy of Liebherr, PistenBully, SafeConnect Systems and Lion Electric.
The Colorado Clean Diesel Program makes grants to businesses to help offset the cost of replacing certain diesel equipment with all-electric or hybrid-electric equivalents.
Here’s how to get started:
1. Learn which technologies are covered
The Clean Diesel Program is currently making grants for:
- electric terminal tractors
- electric construction equipment, including material handlers, mini-excavators and backhoes
- electric and hybrid/plug-in transportation refrigeration units (TRUs)
- electric airport ground support equipment
- electric lawn mowers
- electric farm tractors
- electric and hybrid-electric bucket trucks
- hybrid-electric snow groomers
- associated electrical infrastructure
- idle-reduction technologies
The Program Guide specifies the eligible technologies. See the Technology Decision Support page for further information to help you decide if the technologies are right for your situation.
2. Review the guidance and instructions
If your equipment is on the list of eligible technologies, and you’re interested in applying, first be sure to read all the fine print in the Program Guide.
After reading the program guide, feel free to contact us with questions or to discuss your proposal.
Go to the application portal. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, but funding is limited.